ALGIM's ICT Training Academy includes regular webinar presentations and workshops throughout the year. We bring leading experts, speakers and technology providers to create tailored content for our members, in particular:
- In-depth training and technical workshops
- Personal development for ICT and management skills
- Information sessions with key tech partners for Councils using their systems and software
- Submission discussions – for gathering and sharing information relating to Central Government policy changes
Upcoming Webinar: Public Records Act – What It Means for You & Your Council
Wednesday 5th April, 11am, $100 per person + GST
How well do you understand the Public Records Act 2005 (PRA) and the implications it has for local authorities? With open data in demand but privacy concerns everywhere, make sure you have the knowledge you need with expert speaker and IRM consultant Kerri Siatiras’ upcoming webinar.
Kerri will take you through the ins and outs of the PRA’s core requirements, discussing all you need to know to have your Council covered in this hour-long session (complete with Q&A).
Topics will include:
- Overview of the act and its purpose
- Definition of a public record, local authority records, an archive and local authority archives
- Requirements for local authority records and local authority archives
- Understanding protected records
- The relationship between the PRA and LGOIMA and Privacy Act
- Role of Archives New Zealand
- How the act may influence your information and records management approach and work programme
Ensure you have the understanding to meet the legal requirements of PRA by joining us. The webinar cost is $100 per person + GST.
Register yourself here – registrations close Tuesday 4th April. For any other enquires contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ALGIM Past Webinar Free Access Presentations:
Archives New Zealand Information & Records Management Standard
Presented Wednesday 12th October 2016
Pass on Your Ideas!
We want to hear from you – if you have an idea for a presentation or topics email Shivarn Stewart, Communications & Marketing Manager at email@example.com.