During 2009/2010 a number of modules have been completely revamped and updated in response to:
- The changing legislative environment
- The introduction of recordkeeping standards by Archives New Zealand with which local authorities must comply
- Advances in technology and systems used to support good information and records management
- Feedback from existing IM Toolkit holders who have used the resources within the IM Toolkit in their council
Modules that have been updated in 2009/2010 are:
- B1 Information Management Policy
- B2 Information Management Procedures
- B3 Metadata
- F2 Information Management Strategy
- T3 Selection and Implementation of an EDRMS
The modules updated in 2009/2010 have been supplied via the new look ALGIM IM Toolkit website to those councils that have subscribed to the updates. Please see the maintenance agreement to subscribe to these. In addition a new module – F6, Self Assessment Module (DOC, 349 KB) – has been developed and is available for separate purchase. Two exciting new Toolkit projects are underway during the second half of 2010. They are:
- Development of a thesaurus for local authorities which will be a new separate Toolkit module called "Terms for Councils"
- Updating of module T1, Records Classification Scheme
These two projects will be undertaken concurrently due to the complimentary nature of the tools. For further information about these projects please contact ALGIM. Also planned within the next few months is a minor update of the IM Toolkit introduction document, including the addition of information for those new to the records and information management sector.
In 2007 minor updates to all Toolkit modules were undertaken. The councils that subscribed to the updates received a complete reprint of the Toolkit.