2012 ALGIM GIS Symposium - 2 & 3 April 2012
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor, Wellington
Registrations for the 2012 ALGIM GIS Symposium are now open!
This event has become an annual feature on the ALGIM calendar after the success of the Inaugural GIS Symposium in 2011.
The ALGIM GIS Symposium is a vendor-neutral event, and the only one in New Zealand specifically tailored for local government.
ALGIM is currently in the process of compiling speakers, with some of the confirmed highlights including: ·
- Ian Smith, Auckland Council’s Geospatial Manager will answer ‘where are we now?’ in follow up to his presentation ‘Creation of the Geospatial Service at Auckland Council’ which featured at the Inaugural 2011 ALGIM GIS Symposium. It was this presentation that saw Ian ranked as the no. 2 presenter at this Symposium. ·
- Suzanne Butler, Waitaki District Council will talk about her experience at the Intergraph Conference ‘Hexagon 2011’ held in Orlando Florida, USA. Suzanne was the recipient of the 2011 ALGIM GIS Professional Development Award, which provided her with the opportunity to attend the Conference. ·
- Delegates will be informed about ‘Predicting GeoSpatial Futures’ by David Swann, CEO of NorthSouth GIS New Zealand (formerly Explorer Graphics Ltd). ·
- Terralink International Ltd General Manager, Greg Huddleston will share advances in mobile mapping technologies which open up some exciting opportunities for Local Authorities in relation to how they capture, view and use street level GIS data.
- Featuring international case studies, discover how leading authorities are taking control of their data, and enabling smarter, more efficient back-end processes. ·
- The 2012 ALGIM GIS Awards will include the Project of the Year Award and the Professional Development Award. The winners of both awards will be announced at the 2012 ALGIM GIS Symposium Awards Dinner on Monday 2 April. Information on how to enter these awards will be available later this week.
How to Register:
Please note that if you haven’t already, you need to register your login details on the ALGIM website before you can register for the Symposium.
To do this please visit www.algim.org.nz and click on the login button located on the top right hand corner of the home page. Click on the Register link in the drop down box. Fill out the information required and hit the Register button.
ALGIM will receive an email informing us that you have registered for our website. We will then approve your login details and advise you by email that your login is activated.
You will then be able to register for the Symposium on the ALGIM website by logging into the website and visiting the Events page where there is a link to the Symposium. After you have clicked on this link, scroll to the bottom of the webpage and click on the blue Register button.
For your convenience, if you prefer to register manually, a Microsoft Word version of the Registration Form is also available by visiting www.algim.org.nz/2012gissymposium.
The preliminary programme will be made available online soon at www.algim.org.nz/2012gissymposium. This programme will be updated regularly, so ensure you continue to visit this link leading up to the Symposium.
For Symposium enquiries please phone Rebecca Swansson (ALGIM’s Conference and Events Coordinator) on (06) 351 6336 or email email@example.com