This award aims to recognise team leaders who have displayed excellence in customer service leadership within the local government customer service sector.
The award acknowledges that people are an important asset in adding value to an organisation and to the achievement of its goals. ALGIM seek nominations for people with a strong vision who successfully help their organisation to achieve its goals – people who initiate change or motivate and assist others to succeed.
For example this may include:
This could be a team leader who has instigated a major initiative or project that has enhanced the profile of their Council’s customer service.
Award Criteria / Required Information
- The nominator needs to explain in 500 - 700 words (bullet points accepted) why the nominee should be considered for the Customer Service Team Leader of the Year Award. Refer to the ‘Assessment Guide’ section below for guidance on the three key areas your nomination should address.
- Nominees for the Customer Service Team Leader Award need to be an employee of a local authority throughout the entire duration of the award process, including the time of the 2012 ALGIM Customer Service Symposium.
- In addition to the above information, please include a brief biographical outline of the nominee, including education, employment and other activities.
- Attach any additional material, media and references that help to provide a clear understanding of your nomination. ALGIM asks that you consider the size of any such supplementary information when you submit your nomination.
- The judging panel’s decision is final.
Nominations for the Customer Service Team Leader Award will be assessed on the following key areas:
Provide a brief outline of the customer service challenges facing the nominee’s Council.
Describe what leadership practices the nominee has demonstrated in building a customer focused team.
State how the nominee’s actions have benefited their Council and their customers.
2012 ALGIM Customer Service Awards - Guidelines and Information (PDF, 1.96 MB)
2012 ALGIM Customer Service Team Leader of the Year Award - Nomination Form (DOC, 143 KB)