The 2012 ALGIM Web Symposium was held on 7 & 8 May 2012 at the Distinction Rotorua Hotel, 390 Fenton Street, Rotorua.
Symposium Highlights Included:
- Theresa Clifford, Cucumber’s Director of Online Engagement, identifed key trends in Social Media for 2012 and how the sector can utilise the tool more effectively to create digital conversations.
- Nat Torkington, Host of Kiwi Foo Camp, looked at the speed at which the digital world will replace the tools of paper and desktops – What will this world look like? What skills will be needed? What role will Local Authorities play?
- A series of Community Engagement Sessions were be held by sector experts, providing delegates with a wide scope of ideas to assist local government with engaging their constituency.
- The use of Social Media during times of disaster, hosted by Michael Flatman (Marketing Services Manager, Christchurch City Council) and Prue Sisam (Senior Communications Advisor, Bay of Plenty Regional Council).
- The finalists for the 2012 ALGIM Web Awards presented their Case Studies in the form of 15 minute lightening sessions.
- A presentation from James McGlinn, Chief Technology Officer for Eventfinder - an online cultural events calendar that focuses on what's on around New Zealand.
- The winners of the 2012 ALGIM Web Awards were announced during the Symposium Awards Dinner.
2012 Speaker Presentations
View and access the 2012 ALGIM Web Symposium speaker presentations.
2012 ALGIM Web Awards
The ALGIM Web Awards recognise and celebrate best practice in Websites amongst New Zealand local authorities. They aim to encourage local government staff to be innovative and be recognised in supporting their organisation and communities of interest. They also promote the image of local government Web presence throughout the wider sector.
2012 Best of the Best Web Awards
Congratulations to the following award winners!
Best New Feature Website (including council sub-sites) – over 50,000 population
Winner: New Plymouth District Council - Let's Go
Best New Feature Website (including council sub-sites) – under 50,000 population
Winner: Thames-Coromandel District Council - Online Submission System
Best Redevelopment Council Website (main council site)
Winner: Hamilton City Council - Customer Engagement Programme Web Project
Best Use of Intranet
Winner: Whakatane District Council - Whoogle2 Intranet Revamp Project
Best Use of Social Media in Local Government
Sponsored by Cucumber
Winner: Bay of Plenty Regional Council - Social Media & a Ship on a Reef
Winner: Rangitikei District Council: www.rangitikei.govt.nz
Supreme Website Award
Sponsored by Silverstripe Ltd
The Supreme Website Award winner is based on results of the ALGIM Annual Council Website Audit
Winner: Gisborne District Council: www.gdc.govt.nz
Second Place: Dunedin City Council: www.dcc.govt.nz
Third Place: Tasman District Council: www.tdc.govt.nz
ALGIM Web Professional Development Award - sponsored by ALGIM
Winner: Mandy Evans - Marlborough District Council
Further information about the ALGIM Awards can be found by visiting the Awards Section of this website.
For Symposium enquiries please contact ALGIM on +64 (06) 351 6336 or email email@example.com