The 2012 ALGIM Records Management Symposium was held on 23 & 24 July 2012 at the James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor, Wellington.
Symposium Highlights Included:
- Environment Canterbury’s Team Leader, Records & Archives – Denise Thompson will describe information management 17 months post earthquake. Learn what the Council is doing differently after lessons learnt from the devastating events of February 2011.
- The official launch of Terms for Council - an introduction, demonstration and discussion.
- Chris Gousmett, Corporate Information Manager at Hutt City Council, discussed the set up of a digitisation service through a shared services digitisation bureau, how the service works issues they encountered, how these issues were resolved, and the benefits to both the Council and their clients.
- An interactive panel discussion on the Challenges and Lessons of Digitising Records.
- Web domain and selective harvesting initiatives of the National Library for New Zealand and the Alexander Turnbull Library.
- Prof Shaun Hendy from the MacDiarmid Institute discussed Innovation and Prosperity – how can collaboration and information sharing underpin both?
- Wellington City Council Team Leader – City Archives, Adrian Humphris presented on Wellington Regional Archives Shared Services focusing on achievements, opportunities and issues the group has faced.
- SWIM Ltd Consultant, Philippa Fogarty shared information about the ALGIM IM Toolkit Disaster Recovery Module update.
- Greg Goulding, Chief Archivist and General Manager of Archives New Zealand addressed their role in government and within the broader recordkeeping community, and examined the contribution of collaborative endeavours such as the International Review Group
- ALGIM was excited to have Matt Lawrey as the MC for the 2012 ALGIM Records Management Symposium. Matt was the MC for the 2011 ALGIM Customer Services Symposium and we received such amazing feedback, we asked him to return for our Records Management Symposium!
2012 Speaker Presentations
View the 2012 Symposium presentations here!
2012 ALGIM Records / Information Management Awards
The ALGIM Records / Information Management Awards recognise and celebrate best practice in information management amongst New Zealand local authorities. They aim to encourage local government staff to be innovative and to grow and be recognised in supporting their organisation and communities of interest. They also promote the image of local government information management throughout the wider sector.
Congratulations to the following award winners!
2012 ALGIM Information Management Project of the Year - Sponsored by Information Leadership.
Winner: Porirua City Council - Electronic Access for Elected Members to Council Information
2012 ALGIM Information Management Leadership Award - Sponsored by ezescan.
Winner: Suzanne Craig, Horizons Regional Council
2012 ALGIM Information Management Professional Development Award - Sponsored by ALGIM
Winner: Carleen Sears, Taupo District Council
For Symposium enquiries please contact ALGIM on (06) 351 6336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org